President’s Letter: Top 10 Highlights of the Past Year
Thursday, July 19, 2018
As my presidency concludes next month, I have been reflecting on all our accomplishments. As I have communicated previously, our strategic plan and membership value have been our top priorities. Below are my “Top Ten” highlights from the past year – although I cannot tell you how difficult it was to name just ten!
- Re-launched ILEA member discounts program for you to save on the services you need to stay competitive, increase your bottom line, and operate more efficiently.
- Shifted our operational model to welcome members of Europe, Hong Kong, Middle East, Nigeria, Turkey and United Kingdom chapters to our community. This change allows ILEA to act as a more global model that will provide a broader voice for our members and the live events industry overall and provide operational efficiencies.
- Created a Legacy membership to recognize those individuals who have been members of ILEA for 25+ years.
- Pushed live the first ILEA chapter microsite with San Antonio to create a consistent website experience for all members and provide efficiencies to chapter leaders. Many other chapters are in process to convert to the microsite and a plan is in place to get all chapters on the transitioned by the end of 2018.
- Dedicated marketing resources to continue to elevate the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation in the industry, including an informational webinar.
- Introduced the Experience online content hub to position ILEA as an authoritative source in the live events industry and distinguish our members as experts.
- Created a chapter task force to continuously evaluate what our chapters need to successfully lead. Look for more efficiencies and support mechanisms in the months to come.
- Re-focused the annual global partner program to diversify our revenue streams beyond membership dues, including a dedicated sales resource to grow the program.
- Developed a membership task force that examined our dues structure and put into a place a new 18-month dues rate. This also led to the launch of the HUG (Help Us Grow) campaign that lets you earn free membership when you refer new members.
- We asked…you answered. A series of membership pulse surveys allowed us to outline a plan to create specific benefits you need the most, like peer-to-peer sharing and year-round education opportunities.
On behalf of your ILEA International Board of Governors, I am grateful for all the support to help ILEA continue to grow and meet your needs. None of this would be possible without the ongoing support from you – our members, our dedicated volunteer leaders, our chapters.
If you haven’t registered for ILEA Live in Denver, please do so…it is an amazing opportunity to network, connect, learn and grow.
See you in Denver,
Ingrid Nagy, CSEP