Clear Head, Strong Mind
Monday, April 6, 2020
Recap Volume 1: Mindfulness and Gratitude
Webinar date: 6 April
If you joined ILEA on 6 April for the first installment of our mindset series, thank you for being there, and we look forward to seeing you next week. In case you missed it, here is a breakdown of “Clear Head, Strong Mind Volume 1: Mindfulness and Gratitude.”
It was through a conversation about our own mental states as event professionals that the ILEA Board of Governors decided to create our new mindset series called “Clear Head, Strong Mind.”
This is a series hosted every Friday for us all to check in with each other, because regardless of what phase we are in during these times, we are all still humans going through a life experience in our own ways. This conversation is intended to be optimistic in nature, and if you aren’t feeling optimistic, that’s OK — all we ask is that you come to these sessions with an open heart and mind. This is a space where you can shelve your business fears and uncertainties and focus on your own mental strength and balance. This is an opportunity to gain awareness and walk through our fears to the other side of possibility and recovery.
Here is the purpose of our “Clear Head, Strong Mind” series in a nutshell:
- Create an opportunity for you to find balance among the chaos.
- Enable a healthy conversation about mental strength and mindfulness.
- Provide tools, tips and skill sets for you to feel prepared for change.
- Provide a gentle weekly accountability system.
- Give you a chance to focus on yourself as a whole person.
Our series facilitator is Angela Braun, PMP, of Angela Nicole Coaching (angelanicolecoaching.com), a former ILEA Canada Chair and 20-year corporate veteran turned life and business coach. Angela specializes in working with creative visionaries.
In order to develop strength, you must encounter resistance.
You can ask yourself some questions to put yourself on the path of choosing gratitude over fear, because at the end of the day the antidote to scarcity is straight up gratitude. This serves as a good reminder that we have all the control.
We encourage you to ask yourself — when this is all over:
- How do you want to feel?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Who do you want to become?
These are a few of the questions Angela asked us to consider in order to amplify gratitude:
- Where do you feel on a scale of 1–10?
- Where will you be next week?
- How will your mindset shift throughout this process?
- What strength of yours do you value the most?
- What moments are the most meaningful to you right now?
- What do you not have access to that you miss? How will you value it differently?
- What is your level of commitment to yourself?
- Do you have an accountability partner?
To find out more about how to utilize these questions for good in your life, join us next week on 9 April for our next session.
Final thoughts from Angela Braun:
“As I slowly allow myself to switch my mindset, my feeling of uncomfortability shifts and settles into one of contentment. Knowing that the community that surrounds me has my back as I have theirs, and just as the first rays of sunshine break through the surrounding clouds, I take a few deep breaths knowing that it will all be OK. Fear is contagious, but so is hope. And we each have the power to decide each day how we navigate our thoughts.”
Please join us on 9 April for our next “Clear Head, Strong Mind” session as we dig deeper into gratitude, mindset and possibility. Register now.
As the situation evolves, ILEA is sharing the most up-to-date collection of COVID-19 resources for ILEA members and all live events professionals. View the resources on the ILEA website.
Tags: event planning , live events , events , conference , COVID-19 , coronavirus